real time traffic view

What features you want to see in Active Wall?

real time traffic view

Postby charlesa920 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:13 pm

I am using the free version and am not sure if the paid will do this or not...

I want to look at my network and see which users are passing traffic in real time.
Is there a way to filter out users that are not passing traffic or in other words to add users that are passing traffic.

Thanks
Charles
charlesa920

Re: real time traffic view

Postby admin » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:23 pm

You can view real time traffic of each IP address in computer list area.
Please click menu [Computer/View Data] and select columns to get more information about the traffic.
admin
Site Admin

Postby charlesa920 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:13 am

thank you for this very good answer but the answer is only stating the obvious. If I could not see the real time traffic by each IP I would not have asked the question. My problem is I am not knowing exactly how to ask the question.

I currently have about 100 or so IP's I am monitoring. I am able to see real time traffic but the traffic I see does not total the traffic being passed. I have to assume there are IP's passing traffic that are off the bottom of my screen. some times as I scroll down to see additional computers there are "green" icons on the part of the page that is hidden on the bottom of the screen.

as I scroll down I hide the ones on the top of the screen and I am never sure that I am viewing all the IP's that are passing real time traffic.

It would be nice if I could filter the IP's by the colors,
charlesa920

Postby admin » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:28 am

Thank you for your suggestion.
Please click column "Total Speed" or "Total Byte" in computer list area. It will sort the computer list as you wish.
admin
Site Admin

Postby charlesa920 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:47 am

there are two ways to look at the data: Historical and Real-Time. for this question I am only concerned with Real-Time.

I have been sorting as you suggest but it does not seem to sort them by color. I could send you a screen shot and you could see what I mean about not having any way to sort the IP's by icon color. regardless of how I sort the columns it does not give the results icon color.

As an example I will mention that when I sort by any of the columns the color of the icons are mixed. that means I will have green, blue, and black icons mixed up in the list. For Real-Time examination, I think it would be good to sort the icons by the color, with the green at the top, next the blue, and final the black.

Here is the point...

When I notice a spike in the traffic I am interested in which IP is causing the excessive use. As it is I can find it by resetting the data so everyone is at 0 and then the active users will be at the top. But I don't always want to reset the data counters.

Without resetting the data counters the current active user may show up at or near the bottom of the columns which refer to bytes; and the columns that reference the speed are a snapshot of that exact moment and each time I click the sort by speed the leading users will change dramatically. Neither of these methods give the precise results I believe would be the most useful.

How about a column that has only the icon which could be sorted by the time since last traffic. while this will not reflect any cumulative data it will give a real time view of who is using bandwidth.
charlesa920

Postby admin » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:39 am

When you click the "Tolal Speed" column, computer list will be sorted by speed of current second.
But speed is a dynamic data, it changes every second. So "leading users will change dramatically".
When you click the Speed column, blue icons and black icons are mixed, because all of their speed are "0". So they appear in a random order.

We will solve this problem in next update. Thank you.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Teranon69 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:34 pm

Thanks for the advice it
Teranon69

Postby sindyciaray » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:33 am

It was the best time to come over with that traffic
sindyciaray

Return to Feature requests