Internt Filter?

Have a question about Active Wall? Ask it here!

Internt Filter?

Postby mshome » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:03 pm

I though this software had an internet fillter built into it but i havent seen any likes of it? I think i have when it refused to load a page but maby not. Also if it doesnt can i have it show a page when a page is blocked?
mshome

Postby admin » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:01 am

Active Wall is a gateway filter software.
The professional edition includes the following plugins:
Authorization,Time Filter,Port Filter,Bandwidth Control,Show Flux,MAC Filter,IP Filter,DNS Filter,HTTP Filter,SMTP Filter,POP3 Filter,IM Filter,FTP Filter,Redirect Proxy,Log to Files,Log to Database,Log to Mail,Log to Message.

The free edition includes Show Flux and HTTP Filter plugins.

You can find the plugins in menu [Config/Plugin List].
To config a plugin, please select the plugin name and click <Config> button or just double click the plugin name.
For example, you can config "HTTP Filter" plugin by double click "HTTP Filter".

There are many options in "HTTP Filter" . such as url filter, web content filter, post keyword filter, upload file filter.

You can block web flash by enter "*.swf" in url edit box and select "deny record" in policy, then click <add> button.

Note:
url filter and upload file filter are wildcard match. You can input character "*" or "?".

You can change item order by click up-down button which is in right side of config dialog.

example:
"*.jpg"---"deny record"
"*.google.com*"---"pass"
"*mail*"---"deny"

It will block all jpg files and block all pages which include keyword "mail" in url except "mail.google.com".

if you change the order with
"*.jpg"---"deny record"
"*mail*"---"deny"
"*.google.com*"---"pass"

It will block all jpg files and block all pages which include keyword "mail" in url. Now you can't open mail.google.com.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:07 am

You can't show a custom page when web pages be blocked. Active Wall does not support this option at current.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:21 am

We are translating technical documents to english. It will be published soon.
admin
Site Admin

Postby mshome » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:08 am

Is their any way of giving any kind of alert at all? If their is no alert my clients will think their is a server malfunction, and i will get a lot of support calls.
mshome

Postby admin » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:27 am

There are two plugins in Active Wall Professional: "Log to Mail" and "Log to Message".
They will send email or windows messenger when match some keywords in logs. But it's for the administrator rather than clients.
admin
Site Admin

Postby dontknow » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:46 am

I have been trying that but it doesnt seem to work?
ive actually denyed google.ca as it is my main page to test out and it loads up right away doesnt even filter it out?
dontknow

Postby admin » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:33 pm

1. Active Wall supports gateway, bridge, passby, single mode. Work mode must match to the existed network.
2. http URL filter does wild card match. please use "*google.ca*" instead of "google.ca".
admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions & Answers