Question about home install

Have a question about Active Wall? Ask it here!

Question about home install

Postby rjmcdonn » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:26 am

I currently have wide-open direct access to the internet at home with a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router. I want to install something to stop access to certain web sites. I'm looking at Active Wall. I'm going over the help file and installation/configuration but it doesn;t show any wireless configurations, at least none that I could find. Should I put my gateway server between the wireless router and the Internet connection (Gateway mode) or could I simply use Passby mode and connect my server with Active Wall on it to one of switch ports on the wireless router? I'm not how to direct other computers to go through Active Wall without making it the Gateway. Appreciate any help. Thanks.
rjmcdonn

Postby admin » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:29 am

please read user manual [Chapter 3 Install and Uninstall/3.2. Network environments]
Passby mode:
4.When the computers in LAN are connected with an unmanaged switch which cannot do mirror configurations, and if you do not deploy one more hub, you can select the Passby mode and check [Enable active redirect on passby mode] option in [Setting Option] menu.
admin
Site Admin

re: home network

Postby rjmcdonn » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:54 am

That worked for a short while (an hour) before a Bluescreen occurred, complaining about my internet adapter/driver eb100.sys.

Any ideas to get around this?

:( I can duplicate the problem each time I check the box [Enable active redirect on passby mode] option in [Setting Option] menu.
rjmcdonn

Postby admin » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:39 pm

Please update the program to newest version and restart your computer.
Can it solve your problem?
admin
Site Admin

This didn't help

Postby rjmcdonn » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:01 pm

This did not help. It causes a blue-screen. Can I use AWALL to simply track web sites?
rjmcdonn

Return to Questions & Answers