logging in Active Wall Free Edition

Have a question about Active Wall? Ask it here!

logging in Active Wall Free Edition

Postby brian_schnautz » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:13 am

Is there a way to save to log file with Active Wall Free Edition? I do not see the plugin... I would like to be able to view the recorded information in an spreadsheet or something so I can sort by urls, ip address, etc. Actually, this would be a nice feature sometime in the future to be able to sort by the column heading in the 'event log' tab.

Thanks
brian_schnautz

Postby admin » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:06 am

Active Wall Free Edition can not export logs. The logfile plugin is included in Active Wall Professional
admin
Site Admin

Postby brian_schnautz » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:56 pm

does Active Wall Professional also do statistics and generate reports etc?
brian_schnautz

Postby admin » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:11 pm

yes
admin
Site Admin

Postby brian_schnautz » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:10 pm

What about 'Active Wall Traffic Monitor'. It says on your website that it provides traffic statistics. Does it generate reports etc? I really don't need to block necessarily right now. I'm just trying to gather information about 6 computers network usage and what they are doing on the internet. Having a report would be good so you could show it to your boss (or someone non-techical) and they could see who is goofing off at work.

If we were going to purchase 'Active Wall Professional', how much does it actually cost? Your pricing is a little confusing. the home page of the website says that it comes with 100 licenses, but then it expires after 30 days. If I want to monitor say 6 machines? How much would it cost? And does the gateway server need a license itself?

Thanks
brian_schnautz

Postby admin » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:19 pm

Active Wall Traffic Monitor includes only one plugin - 'ShowFlux', 1000 licenses, Free.
Active Wall Free Edition includes two plugins - 'ShowFlux' and 'HTTP Filter', 10 licenses, Free.
Active Wall Professional includes total 19 plugins. 100 licenses, 30 day-trial.

If you want monitor 6 machines, you should purchase 6 licenses. The gateway server does not need a license.
admin
Site Admin

Postby brian_schnautz » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:12 am

ok.
I installed Active Wall Pro. It is logging all traffic. Great. Do you have any feature to analyze the log file now in a 'report' fashion of any kind? Or could you recommend a log file analyzer that could put traffic statistics in a format that you could give to someone in management that does not have technical knowledge to understand a log file?
brian_schnautz

Return to Questions & Answers