Question about policy file imports.

Have a question about Active Wall? Ask it here!

Question about policy file imports.

Postby simonduz » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:18 pm

I was looking at some of the policy files that are available for download and was wondering if I could use one of the freely available blacklists and import this to AN? and if so, what format would I use?

In your examples there are 2 files, DNS and HttpFilter. They are different, and contain characters which I don't know their purpose ( 0|*get_video*|50 )??

If this is possible it would be a huge advantage.
Thanks.
simonduz

Postby admin » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:23 am

The policy files are for Active Wall professional only.

If you want to generate policy files by yourself.
1. Please select a group and click menu [Group/Policy Config/Plugins]. You can config all plugin modules manually.
2. Please click menu [Group/Export Policy] to export the policy of the group.
3. You can import the policy to any group or time range.
admin
Site Admin

Postby simonduz » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:47 am

admin wrote:The policy files are for Active Wall professional only.

3. You can import the policy to any group or time range.

Yes this was the basis for my question. Before I purchase your product I would like to know how, if it's possible, to import the blacklists that I currently use (hpHosts, DansGuardian, etc.) into your software. What are are the file and format requirements for importing?
Thanks..
simonduz

Postby admin » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:02 pm

If you want import blacklists to active wall.
1.Please open file "C:\Program Files\AWall\Plugins\DnsList.txt".
2.Replace it with your own categories.
3.Config DNS catalog policy in "DNS Filter" plugin.

Note: It's domain categories DB file, so it does not support url or ip categories.

Known problems about DNS Filter -- user manual [Chapter 7. FAQ/7.2. Known problems/7.2.3. Delay of domain filtering module]
When a computer in LAN tries to analyze a domain name, it will firstly search in local host DNS cache. If it can find the domain name, it will return at once. Or it will send a DNS query request. So a new policy on DNS filter module may not work at once on the monitored computers. After the local host DNS cache expires, the policy will work.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:43 pm

You can download our toolkit at http://download.lanctrl.com/en/importbl.exe and import blacklist to DnsList.txt.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions & Answers