Session State - Copy to File? Persistence?

Have a question about Active Wall? Ask it here!

Session State - Copy to File? Persistence?

Postby RJSquirrel » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:38 am

How can I save the information shown in the Session State?
How can I make the information shown in Session State Persistent? It disappears faster than I can copy it by hand.
I am seeing IP addresses in Session State not shown in Event Log, most are POP3 but I cannot be certain and need to know what those IP addresses are for.
RJSquirrel

Re: Session State - Copy to File? Persistence?

Postby admin » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:00 am

Session State plugin shows all IP connections between LAN and Internet.
When you view this post, your browser may take 10+ connections (sessions).
There are millions of sessions if you have many computers in the LAN.
Sessions are dynamic, so that we can not copy or save them.
admin
Site Admin

Postby RJSquirrel » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:43 pm

The primary reason I purchased ActiveWall was to trap every IP address to/from the computer/s.
I need to make absolutely certain that there are no unwanted connections being made from the computer or to the computer.
The Event Log provides some of this but I really need a way to capture every IP address from the Session State.
There are many programs that try to surreptitiously create connections to the Internet. Some to update programs, some to transfer information, some to steal information. I cannot block what I don't know exists. That is what I was hoping ActiveWall would tell me.

Can I trap the call/s from ActiveWall to the ShowSession DLL?
Can I call via an API to the ShowSession DLL to obtain all the IP addresses?

Or do you know of any program that will trap and record every IP address to/from a computer?
RJSquirrel

Postby admin » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:21 am

If you need to block all unwanted connections. You can close all ports by default and then open some really need ports in Port Filter plugin.
ShowSession.dll is a plugin file of Active Wall, it can not work alone without Active Wall main program. The main program send packets information to ShowSession.dll and ShowSession.dll show us Session State window, that's all. So we have no api of ShowSession.dll.
Some firewall programs work on PC can show you IP connections as active wall have done, but I don't know which one can record sessions to disk.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions & Answers