Internet on all LAN Workstations EXTREMELY Slow

Have a question about Active Wall? Ask it here!

Internet on all LAN Workstations EXTREMELY Slow

Postby msftconn » Tue May 22, 2007 12:19 am

Hi,

I just installed Active Wall (Free) onto my company network running on Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server. It is fully compatible. However, all of my staff have been complaining that internet browsing is EXTREMELY slow. Is there any way to make it quicker or is this an original problem with the design and that we should expect it to be slower?

Thanks
msftconn

Postby admin » Wed May 23, 2007 6:24 am

Please tell us your network topology and which work mode do you take in Active Wall. What about the cpu usage, memory usage and flow rate when it happened?
admin
Site Admin

Postby msftconn » Wed May 23, 2007 10:09 pm

Currently running in Gateway mode. Server is acting as DHCP and DC. All workstations connect through multiple switches that runs into Server NIC 1 (LAN). Server from there controls DHCP etc, and internet runs from Server NIC 2 (Internet/External) going to a router to outside. Cannot currently determine CPU, memory usage or flow rate because service is currently shut off because it is much to slow.
msftconn

Postby admin » Thu May 24, 2007 9:59 pm

1. Please clear all policies of the Active Wall and check whether the problem still existed.
2. Download the driver patch at http://update.lanctrl.com/en/drivers/Patch.exe and apply the patch, and then reboot the server. Check whether the problem still existed.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions & Answers